Welcome to 全球十大赌博手机网站 社区 College’s EnRich Program
Addressing the 社区’s Critical Issue
The critical issue is not only unemployment, but the perception of what educational institutions are designed to do and populations they have historically served. While there is a lot of discussion about partnerships and serving the community, there are a limited number of programs at the college-level designed to meet the needs of a population who may be perceived as the less-desirable, who need additional skills in addition to basic reading and math. The critical issue is empowering people.
The EnRich training program provides opportunities for adults with multiple barriers to employment to earn at least 30% higher than the average living wage. (Although, most EnRich graduates earn three times that amount.)通过充实, students receive Technical Skills and 基本技能培训 – satisfying the need to build a skilled workforce in the region’s manufacturing and healthcare industries.
2018年7月, 全球十大赌博手机网站 received workforce training funding to address both skills gaps and employability skills. 充实计划, 紧张的10周, 400-hour training includes both Technical Skills and 必要的技能 training, utilizes a point system for continued participation and provides a $12 an hour stipend for participants. This program has focused efforts on Minority and Underserved populations.
- Paraprofessional Training: Education
- Minority Mentor Protégé Program: Entrepreneurship
EnRich provides sessions that address the following topics:
- Financial literacy and integrity
全球十大赌博手机网站 社区 College’s 基本技能培训 presents participants with a more holistic view of the tools necessary to be given a chance to be open to receive the idea that the transition from unemployment and possibility incarceration into a community of people and organizations that will create the opportunity to change their life. To date, our goal has been to change lives by meeting what we come to know their needs to be.
- 在迪凯特梅肯县, the unemployment rate for African Americans has been around 22%, three times that of white residents.
- EnRich has serviced over 230 Participants, 16 of which were high school students receiving dual-credit.
- 89% of participants remain employed.
- 100% of CDL graduates are employed.
- 89% of participants represent underrepresented/ underserved Communities.
- 55% of participants have a criminal record.
- According to a survey of local major employers, the following are the top five soft skills lacking and needed for new employees: 可靠性, 团队合作, 语言交流, 完整性, 和主动性.